- In the event that video clip shows any recognizable living clients and/or recognizable personal statistics, writers need certainly to demonstrate that permission is obtained. In case a patient permission kind ended up being given to the relevant article, you don’t have to give this once again for the movie.
- Please utilize the compression parameters that movie sharing web sites utilize. Frequently they are standard options from your editing pc computer computer software. a guide that is comprehensive offered by the vimeo web site.
Videos are way too big to e-mail therefore will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account regarding the Hightail internet site. Please through the journal’s name along with your manuscript ID number within the message field – this will allow us to fit your movie to your paper. Your video clip has to be gotten by the right time that you get back the corrections for the article evidence, at the really latest. Take note that in the event that you miss the deadline, this may cause delays in publication of both your article and the video if you do not correctly label your video or.
All movie abstracts will undoubtedly be evaluated for suitability by the editorial publication and team is certainly not assured. In a few full situations editors may request edits to your movie.
Movie abstracts are embedded inside the extensive research article on the internet and additionally posted individually from the journal’s YouTube channel. They have been posted beneath the exact exact exact same copyright terms once the article.
Article processing costs
During distribution, writers can decide to own their article published access that is open GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU writers). Writers can also elect to publish their article in colour for the print version – rather than the standard choice of black colored and white – for GBP 250. There are not any distribution, page or online-only color figure costs.
To learn more about available access, funder conformity and institutional programmes please follow this link.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 information policy. We highly encourage that data generated by your quest that supports your article be manufactured available as quickly as possible, anywhere legally and ethically feasible. A Data must be contained by all research articles Availability Statement. For lots more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s full Data Sharing Policy web web page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the author that is submitting the full time of article submission; co-authors and reviewers are highly motivated to also connect their ScholarOne records to ORCID. We highly think that the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs may be very theraputic for the research community that is whole.
Please find more details about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the under article type specs like the needed article lengths, pictures, dining dining table limitations and reference counts. Your message count excludes the name web web page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and sources. Manuscripts should really be since succinct as you are able to.
For further support when creating your distribution please relate to the resources available in the BMJ Author Hub. right Here you will discover informative data on writing and formatting your quest until the review that is peer and advertising your paper. You might also need to make use of the language translation and editing solutions supplied by BMJ Author Services.
In the event your article is accepted you’ll make the most of BMJ’s partnership with Kudos , a free of charge solution that will help you maximise your article’s reach.
Articles research that is reporting be complete size or brief reports. Documents should generally be no more than 3500 terms in total, excluding tables, recommendations, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may sporadically be manufactured for this, especially in the outcome of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, however in basic shorter documents could be more competitive for book. The editors will look at the merits regarding the instance for extended documents on a basis that is case-by-case but documents more than 5000 terms won’t be considered. Writers are highly motivated to see or watch the length that is recommended, as extortionate size may disadvantage an otherwise appropriate paper provided the space limits of this log.
Writers will include an area entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the key communications from the investigation as follows:
- What exactly is currently understood about this subject. In 2 or three sentence that is single points please summarise their state of medical knowledge with this topic. Be clear and specific, perhaps perhaps not obscure.
- Just just just What crucial gaps in knowledge occur with this subject.
- Just exactly What this scholarly research adds. Within one or two solitary phrase bullet points give a straightforward reply to the concern ‘ What do we currently understand because of this research that individuals would not understand before?’. Be brief, succinct, particular, and accurate.
Term count: generally up to 3500 terms
Tables/Illustrations: as much as 5
sources: no limitation, but be sure to use sources only as needed
this informative article kind is susceptible to interior and external peer review
Brief reports are reduced variations of original essays, must not go beyond 1500 terms, and could add one dining table or figure.
This informative article type is susceptible to interior and peer review that is external.
Letter (original research)
Research letters meant for publication should always be no more than 500 terms, 10 recommendations, and another dining table or figure. Those answering articles posted into the journal is submitted as described below under communication.
Research letters must not replicate information given when you look at the text of a write-up. They ought to have name, a methods that are brief, results and a conversation.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external.
Unique communications are documents which do not report initial research information but which supply a conversation, analysis, or summary of a specific topic. As a whole these should really be 3500 terms or less, with smaller efforts advantaged in consideration of area limits.
This short article kind is susceptible to interior and often outside peer review.
Review articles offer analysis the literary works, often concerning a certain topic, nation, or geographic area. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, ought to include an abstract because of the after headings: objective, data sources, research selection, information removal, information synthesis, and conclusions writers publishing review manuscripts and reports for the outcomes of meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of no more than 250 terms beneath the after headings:
- Objective – The abstract must start by having a exact declaration associated with the main objective for the review. The main focus of the declaration must certanly be directed by perhaps the review emphasises facets such as for example cause, behavior, intervention, populace, or avoidance. It will consist of information on the population that is specific intervention, publicity, and test or result this is certainly being evaluated.
- Data sources – a summary that is succinct of sources must be offered, including any moment limitations. Possible sources consist of professionals or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and published indexes, registries, abstract booklets, seminar procedures, recommendations identified from bibliographies of relevant articles and publications, and organizations or manufacturers of tests or agents being evaluated. In case a database that is bibliographic utilized, the precise indexing terms employed for article retrieval must be stated, including any constraints (as an example, English language or peoples topics).
- Learn selection – The abstract should describe the criteria utilized to choose studies for step-by-step review from among studies defined as highly relevant to this issue. Information on selection will include specific populations, interventions, results, or designs that are methodological. The strategy accustomed apply these requirements ought to be specified – for instance, blind review, opinion, numerous reviewers. The percentage of initially identified studies that came across selection requirements must certanly be stated.
- Information removal – directions utilized for abstracting data and data that are assessing and legitimacy (such as for instance requirements for causal inference) must be described. The strategy in which the rules were used must certanly be stated: for example, separate http://wedoyouressays.com/ removal by numerous observers.
- Data synthesis – the primary outcomes of the review, whether qualitative or quantitative, should really be stated. Techniques utilized to acquire these total outcomes should always be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the outcomes that are major were pooled you need to include odds ratios or impact sizes and in case feasible, sensitiveness analyses. Numerical results is associated with self- confidence periods, if relevant, and precise degrees of statistical importance. Evaluations of assessment and diagnostic tests should deal with problems of sensitiveness, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver running attribute curves, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis ought to include summarisations of success characteristics and associated variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies must certanly be stated, including variations in therapy protocols, co-interventions, confounders, outcome measures, follow through, and dropout prices.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications must certanly be plainly stated, restricting generalisation to your domain for the review. The necessity for new studies could be recommended.
Term count: by settlement, but generally speaking 5000 terms or less (excluding tables, numbers and sources)
this short article type is at the mercy of internal and peer review that is external.