You to write an academic-based essay discussing an argument, opinion or point of view if you’ve begun your IELTS prep, you’ll know that the Task 2 Essay asks. But where can you begin? You will easily be able to structure your essay and concisely write the required 250 words if you follow the simple IELTS Task 2 Writing template below. As soon as you’re done right right right here, carry on onto our Complete Guide to the IELTS composing Task 2 for more information on how exactly to boost your rating.
Fundamental IELTS Task 2 Writing Template Construction
I recommend your essay uses the following framework:
Below is much more detail in the sentences that ought to be included within all these paragraphs along side examples based for this sample Task 2 concern:
federal Government investment when you look at the arts that are visual the sort you commonly see in free galleries, is just a waste of cash. Governments must spend this cash in public areas services alternatively. As to what degree would you concur with this specific declaration?
Seek to compose three sentences around 60 terms as a whole.
- Sentence 1 – Paraphrase the job concern or compose customwriting a basic declaration relating to your subject utilizing synonyms for the key term utilized in issue. E.g. Today, numerous regional governments invest big portions of these budget not merely on general general public solutions, but additionally on the arts that are visual.
- Phrase 2 – State your viewpoint or point of look at the concern being asked. E.g – Although I agree totally that it is vital to spend money on neighborhood amenities, i actually do maybe not think shelling out for the artistic arts is really a waste of cash.
- Phrase 3 – Give an essay overview including a summarizing phrase like: E.g. This essay will talk about this dilemma making use of examples to aid arguments and demonstrate points.
The two paragraphs that are supporting consist of your opinions and supporting examples to respond to the job concern. Seek to compose just two supporting paragraphs with approximately 85 terms in each. Each paragraph should retain the after four sentences and stay glued to one concept per paragraph:
- Sentence 1 – State your 1st position.Eg. From the one hand, investing an amount that is significant of federal government spending plan on general general general public solutions is effective for culture.
- Phrase 2 – Explain why you possess that position. Eg. Offering for basic amenities, such as for example hospitals, roads, and schools, really helps to figure out the standard of life that many residents may have.
- Phrase 3 – Give a scholastic instance that backs up your concept. Eg. as an example, a present study by Education Today implies that countries that spend more about schools have population this is certainly higher in literacy, by 65%, in comparison to those who dedicate no money to training.
- Sentence 4 – Summarise the paragraph showing exactly how your instance links your idea/argument back once again to the idea that is main. Eg. It is therefore apparent that paying for general general general public solutions is a worthwhile investment for a federal federal government.
- Sentence 1 – State your second position.Eg. However, this doesn’t mean that the artistic arts should be completely ignored.
- Sentence 2 – Explain why that position.Eg is held by you. The artistic arts likewise have an impact that is important our standard of living.
- Phrase 3 – Give an example that is academic backs up your concept. Eg. For instance, a current research carried out by the entire world wellness Organization figured individuals that regularly visit galleries are cited to be 20% happier in life than individuals who try not to.
- Sentence 4 – Summarise the paragraph showing just exactly how your instance links your idea/argument returning to the idea that is main. Eg. Seeing the health advantages that lots of people have through the arts that are visual it’s important that the us government assists such institutions to enable them to continue steadily to offer pleasure towards the public.
For the summary, make an effort to compose only one or two sentences that paraphrase everything you’ve talked about within the essay. You will need to stick to under 45 words.