Referencing is an essential part of successful writing that is academic avoiding plagiarism and it is key to your projects and research.
Which referencing style should I prefer?
- There’s absolutely no style that is standard at UQ
- In many cases there is certainly a typical style employed by a certain college or discipline, but even yet in those situations it’s still feasible that a specific lecturer might need a style that is different
- Pupils should check always their course profile or ask their lecturer
- Scientists publishing a paper for book in a log should check out the journal’s guidelines for Authors, that will typically be accessible from the log’s internet site
Additional referencing information
- Fryer Library suggestions for referencing manuscripts
- How exactly to cite rule in your assignments
- Citing datasets
- Our Referencing computer computer Software web web page has home elevators methods to automate your referencing
American Chemical community
Australian help Guide to Legal Citation
United states health Association
Academy of Management design
United states emotional Association
Chicago Manual of Style
Council of Science Editors/Council of Biology Editors
Institute of electric and Electronics Engineers
contemporary Language Association of America
Referencing guides of UQ Schools and procedures
The following schools have actually unique referencing that is official.
Care: also you should still check which referencing style your lecturer prefers if you are a student in one of these schools.
ACS (American Chemical Community)
The design manual of this United states Chemical Society is currently with its third version.