New Yorkers with government-issued IDs from other states
If you reside in brand new York State plus don’t have a brand new York State ID, you need to bring your valid out-of-state ID and evidence of ny state target that’s been released within the last 90 days (paystub, postmarked mail, household bill).
You will need to bring your valid out-of-state ID and proof of employment in New York, or proof of property ownership in New York if you work in New York or own property in New York and do not have a New York State ID.
Ny state residents that do n’t have a Brooklyn Public Library card and would really like usage of just the e-book collection might make an application for an eCard. This card provides you with usage of the Library’s Overdrive, 3M, and Flipster collections for one year.
Sign up for an eCard and immediately be given a collection barcode and PIN to begin with accessing the e-book collection.
Please be aware that to allow the job to successfully go through, you have to enable the type to trace your present location. When prompted with an email such as «disc.bklynlibrary.org would like to monitor your location that is physical» you have to click on «allow when».
A replacement Card form to get started if you had an eCard before and would like to have your holds, wishlists, checkouts, etc. transferred to your new account, please complete the Report. After publishing the shape, it may need business that is approximately 1-3 for the task to transfer over.
To find out more concerning the eCard, see our eCard FAQs.
Out-of-State Residents (non-NYS residents)
Non-NYS residents may make an application for a Brooklyn Public Library account and luxuriate in usage of our selection that is extensive of & Databases and eBooks. There is certainly a yearly, non-refundable $50 charge for out-of-state cardholders.
As titlemax.us soon as your application is submitted, an agent will contact you within five (5) company times because of the next actions.
If you opt to choose your library card up, you may possibly achieve this by going to any certainly one of our 59 locations and talk to a staff user. The $50.00 yearly, non-refundable cost could be compensated during the time of pick-up.
We currently try not to accept applications from worldwide residents at the moment.
Renewing Your Library Card
Ny State Residents: Library cards expire every 36 months. Please bring ID that is acceptable any library branch to restore your card.
Away from State Residents: Library cards expire each year. To restore your out-of-state account, please deliver an email to.org that is osbplcard@bklynlibrary your collection card barcode and content of appropriate ID. A $50.00 non-refundable fee that is annual be reproduced for your requirements.
eCard holders: eCards are non-renewable and certainly will expire one after registration year.
Educator cardholders: For here is how to renew your Educator account, please visit our Educator Card page.
Reporting Your Card Missing
Any things that had been lent and/or fees accrued ahead of reporting your card stolen or lost is the duty. If the card is stolen or lost, please report it to an employee user at certainly one of our branches instantly.
You may even utilize the «Report a Card Lost» function in your My Account web page that may temporarily disable your bank account from use by unauthorized users. Take note that when this particular feature can be used, you simply will not have the ability to restore or library that is borrowing (including eMaterial) until your account is rectified. Please go to your library that is local and with an employee user to unblock your account.
To displace your card, you have to spend an upgraded cost and show acceptable ID.
You could borrow as much as 50 products at a right time in your collection card.
- Publications – 3 months
- Audiobooks – 3 weeks with a limitation of 10 things using one account
- Printed Music (Scores) – 3 months
- Videos, DVDs, CDs and magazines – 1 with a limit of 10 CDs and a combined total of 10 videos and DVDs week.
You might restore materials provided that there are not any holds in the product as well as your account is in good standing.
There is certainly at the most 15 renewals for every product ( this doesn’t consist of eBooks)
You will find 3 ways to restore:
- Face-to-face at any Brooklyn Public Library location
- On line by logging into your My account that is BPL
- On the phone by calling 718.230.6700
Spot something on hold for a fast and convenient solution to get materials that aren’t available at try your local library.
- Put a hold demand through our catalog or in individual at try your local library
- It is possible to place up to 10 holds on your own collection account on any circulating when you look at the Library collection with the next exceptions: guide, unique collections, and mags and journals.
- The library will be sending a notice via email, text or phone as soon as your hold is truly to pickup. Please be certain we now have your proper contact information. You shall have 1 week to pickup your hold.
Coming Back Materials
- Return material to virtually any Brooklyn Public Library location or guide fall.
- All material is born straight straight straight back because of the date suggested at period of checkout or renewal. Fines will quickly accrue if things aren’t came back by the deadline.
- Numerous component materials should be came back complete at time of go back to avo > Courtesy reminders of future payment dates are delivered by e-mail or text. Overdue notices are delivered by phone or email. Failure to get notices doesn’t excuse fines that are overdue.
Interlibrary Loan is something which allows valid Brooklyn Public Library cardholders to request to borrow publications perhaps perhaps perhaps not owned by BPL off their libraries in america. It is possible to submit loan that is interlibrary in individual at any Brooklyn Public Library branch. This solution is absolve to Brooklyn Public Library clients; but, fines and charges evaluated by the financing collection do apply. Find out more.
Fines and costs
Fines and Costs Schedule
Fines accrue per product, per calendar time, whether or not Brooklyn Public Library (BPL) is closed. Its your obligation to help keep an eye on your dates that are due. Failure to get courtesy collection notices will not excuse fines.
- Books/Magazines: $0.15/day
- Audiobooks, CDs and CD-ROM computer pc pc software: $0.15/day
- DVDs & V > Interlibrary Loan: $1/day
- Substitution Card Fee (Adult/Young Adult): $2
- Substitution Card Fee (Senior/Juvenile): $1
- Out-of-State Card Fee: $50
- Replacement Card Fee (Out-of-State): $5
- Bounced Check Fee: ten dollars
- Collection Agency Fee: ten dollars
Borrowing privileges are suspended whenever fines or costs reach a $15 threshold. You can not spot holds, restore, or take a look at product until your account falls underneath the threshold.
Unreturned, lost, or damaged material and materials with numerous components which can be came back incomplete is supposed to be billed for your requirements. You can not spot holds, restore, or have a look at product until it really is remedied.
It is possible to get back or pay money for the material that is billed. If billed material is came back, you’ll be examined fines that are overdue.
You will be charged the full replacement cost of each item if you lose or damage any of the items checked out to your account. No replacement items will likely be accepted as opposed to any outstanding things.
Borrowers with unpaid balances of $25 or higher could be contacted by an assortment agency. A $10.00 collection charge is put on accounts that reach this threshold. If you’re called to your collection agency, you have to spend balance in full before your borrowing privileges are restored.
Please read our Fines and costs Policy to find out more.
Paying Your Fines and Costs
You’ll want your collection card to cover your fines. You can easily pay with the methods that are following
- Money re re payments are accepted at kiosks available at every BPL location. Staff doesn’t gather money from clients.
- Checks made payable to BPL could be directed at the employees at any location. Are the library account number associated with account being pa > charge cards (Visa, Mastercard, and find out) are accepted after all BPL kiosks. You may spend from your home by signing into My BPL.
Our Borrowing Policy has changed!
Effective July 1, 2019, the collection applied modifications to its borrowing/renewal/fines policy. Find Out More