Bridgestone gives $25K regarding Teens who ‘Drive Smart’
Amateur videographers or trainees with a very creative side and even access to a good camera will be invited to enter the seventh annual Bridgestone Teens Get Smart Video clip Contest. The very grand prizewinner will take family home a cool $25, 000 grant aid and have his / her video demonstrated on atmosphere across the country in the form of public service announcement to get Bridgestone Unites states.
The point of your contest is driver essential safety, and the standards aren’t very tough. Typically together the 25- OR SIMPLY 55-second online video media on a few aspect of automotive or cruising safety. As an illustration
- Seat belt consumption,
- Tire inflation,
- Avoiding interruptions while travelling (like mobile devices and texting), or
- Traveling defensively
Local owners can take a handful of cues with the Fairfax District Police ‘Youthful Driver Program’ or the resources provided in the Montgomery Nation Teen Traveling Safetywebsite. You can also check out continue year’s hitting videos with regard to ideas or maybe a recent Inside Dateline segment for teen sipping and driving (you including your parents must probably look at this anyway).
Once you’ve struck on a subject matter, think about the best approach to present it— say to be a story out of experience or perhaps a music video tutorial or a demo. Then shoot— a video needless to say!
You’ll need to make a very simple signing up form and next upload your company video for the Bridgestone webpage just by no later on than June 20, 2013. Judges can narrow down typically the entries, and the top 10 video tutorials will be uploaded for viewer’s voting by July 12 to 28.
All of the top filmmakers can at least gain a set of new tires, together with $25, 000 going to the Lavish Prize victorious one. Second and also third place winners are receiving $15, 000 and $12, 000 correspondingly. This is severe money and also enormously greater from old years.
The sweepstakes is prepared to take legal permanent residents with the 50 suggests and the Centre of Columbia or Alberta, age ranges 16 by 21 . Entrants must own a valid driver’s license and be enrolled as fulltime students in the accredited secondary, college levels, or market school.
You won’t crib someone else’s work, and bother in order to incorporate anything incompatible. And pay VERY close attention to the time technical specs because video tutorials that do conform will likely be automatically disqualified.
News from your 2013 Higher education Reception Routine
Many colleges along with universities reach the road earnings season to begin a recruitment course of action that actually enters full motion in the slip.
Short of in fact visiting some campus, all these presentations present opportunities in order to get basic info about a school and even make yourself recognized to area specialists.
Although all these sessions are normally open to individuals, it’s in general a good idea to pre-register if the ability is offered. If not, how are the individuals running case going to skill many flip-style folding chairs to create?
The following are most of the more popular early spring events:
- Exploring School Options: This is a special recruiting program provided by the basic admissions office buildings of Fight it out, Georgetown, Harvard, the University or college of Pennsylvania, and Stanford. The travel has three stops during the DC section, with the first scheduled intended for Monday, May well 20th, around the Bethesda Lapland Marriott Resort & Meeting Center, on 7: 30th p. t. Two extra sessions would be held about May21st on the Tysons Cupboard Marriott, as well as Wednesday, Might 22 nd at the Hyatt Regency Miami on Polish capitol Hill.
- Educational facilities That Change Lives: This year, CTCL will visit the Washington DC area about Sunday, Could possibly 19, with the Marriott Bethesda North Accommodation and Meeting Center, for 1: 00 pm. Just about every program starts out with a 30-minute information program followed straight away by the institution fair.
- The particular Claremont Colleges and universities: The Claremont Colleges (Harvey Mudd, Claremont McKenna, Pitzer, Pomona and Scripps Colleges) will support a local material session on Saturday, May 15, from only two to 5 p. n., at the Pooks Hill Bethesda Marriott.
- Immersing themselves in Educational Brilliance: Join Brown, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, in addition to Rice for the information workout targeted to would-be students in addition to families. Workout include any of each company, information on vestibule and financing, as well as a an opportunity to speak casually with prologue representatives.
- 8 of the Best Schools: Claremont McKenna, Colorado Higher education, Connecticut University or college, Grinnell, Haverford, Kenyon, Macalester, and Dorothy Lawrence suggest to students along with families to these ten nationally known liberal artistry colleges. Half dozen programs continue to be for the season.
- Coast in order to Coast Tour: Dartmouth, Northwestern, Princeton, UC Berkeley, and even Vanderbilt see nine spots in seven states. Typically the evening carries a brief information session pertaining to each college and time and energy to interact with admissions representatives in the college honest format. The very tour arrives to the DC area on May 23 rd .
- Boston University or college: This content rich program was made to provide possible students having an ‘Eagle Summary. ‘
- Carnegie Mellon University: Admissions experts will present a general information program to https://123helpme.me/ students who could be in the early stages in their college hunt. You can ledger now in the event signed for Friday, June a couple of, at the Bethesda Marriott Resort.
- Northwestern University: In addition to the Shoreline to Coastline Tour (see above), some other sessions happen to be open to individuals and their households in other regions of the region. Northwestern moves with Dartmouth, Princeton, Vanderbilt and UV A to Southern California in 06 2013.
- The very University about North Carolina during Greensboro: Only two «First Look» sessions is going to be held in often the DC location. The first will administer place on May 29, with Rockville, plus the second is actually scheduled with regard to May 21 years of age, at the Tysons Corner Marriott. Online registration will require one to open your SpartanLinkaccount.